• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 Update Issues

largecrab

Lurker
Jan 5, 2022
Just had to update my phone and now I can't change the alarm or notification sounds. It just says "there was a problem changing the sound" or something. I already reset app preferences and still doesn't work. For reference, I use the app Zedge for notification sounds. I've had the same notification sound for years on my different phones and don't want another one. Any ideas besides a factory reset or anything drastic?

Just had to update my phone and now I can't change the alarm or notification sounds. It just says "there was a problem changing the sound" or something. I already reset app preferences and still doesn't work. For reference, I use the app Zedge for notification sounds. I've had the same notification sound for years on my different phones and don't want another one. Any ideas besides a factory reset or anything drastic?
have you tried rebooting the phone?

Upvote 0
Yes. I called Kyocera and they recommended they do a factory reset but no thank you.

Perhaps Kyocera are aware of the problem or bug, and performing a factory reset is the only way they know how to possibly fix it?

I did own a Kyocera(Cybernet) CB rig 40 years ago,, but other than that, I have no experience of their devices.

Useless factoid: Kyocera was derived from their company name, Kyoto Ceramics co. ltd.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones