1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Kyocera Event will not send texts

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I have had my Kyocera Event for a month and all of a sudden it will not send texts. My service is with Virgin Mobile and my account is paid current so that isn't the problem. I have turned off the phone, taken the battery out and turned it back on. Still won't send texts. My plan has unlimited texting so that also shouldn't be the problem. Other than this the phone works excellently.

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Welcome to AF!

Does the phone give you a specific error or just a failed to send error? Can you receive texts?

I would recommend contacting VM and asking them to support. There could be an issue on their side with servers.

Also, can you make calls and access the Internet?

For full troubleshooting, it might be a good idea to join our forums so we can get your answers to help further troubleshoot the problem.

3. apauletta

apauletta Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    Okay I joined the forums.

Thank you for answering me so quickly, I really appreciate it. My daughter came by and she worked with the phone and got it to work. She told me to tell you what she did so other people could see it.

Tapped Menu
    Scroll to settings
    Turned off Wifi
    Tapped "more..."
    Tapped "Mobile networks"
    Made sure Data was enabled (it was)
    Tapped "Connections Optimizer"
    Enabled Connections Optimizer
    Turned Airplane Mode on
    Turned Airplane mode off after 10 seconds
    The phone found it's network, and she sent a test text to her phone--it worked!
    Re-enabled WiFi

The phone has texted in and out fine since she did this.

Thank you again for your help! I really appreciate it!

4. jason boy

jason boy Lurker
    None

Mar 6, 2013
    Female
    I would also remind you, that Virgin Mobile's parent network Sprint is updating towers and so this is a common occurrence for Virgin Mobile Users. Turning Airplane Mode on and off will usually fix any problems related to data or texting issues.

Also Welcome to the Forums!

5. DallasRaine

DallasRaine Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2013
    Hi everyone -- first item: Yes, I followed the directions above exactly but it did not solve the issue.

A few hours ago I was multi-tasking with my phone.

I tried sending a text and it says "SENDING" for about 30 seconds and then pops up with an error message that says "Message not sent".

When I try to make a call it says "DIALING" but won't connect.

I've emptied my text messages and call log; removed the battery; rebooted; etc.

The odd thing is that everything else works -- I receive Twitter notifications, I can connect to the web, etc. I just cannot make/receive calls or texts.

Any suggestions are most appreciated!