• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kyocera Hydro Icon NO SIM error

I recently activated a Kyocera Hydro Icon on Boost mobile. The provisioning finished after successfully downloading all firmware, profile and PRL settings.

I keep getting a recurring "SIM card is now locked, please power cycle phone and try again" dialogue box. The ICCID number in settings becomes blank, and self service activation keeps opening up with a blank page, yet the phone still works and has a 3G connection.

Upon resetting the phone, the ICCID number shows back up in settings and after 30 minutes it locks up again.

I have already:

Factory reset phone twice.

Updated PRL and phone profile settings.

Reset phone connection settings with ##72786#

Removed/cleaned/reinstalled LTE card

Did everything boostZone said to do.

Still have a card that keeps locking up, no LTE. I live in area with LTE+enhanced LTE coverage according to the map.

Am I missing something somewhere? The phone is brand new OTB.

I recently activated a Kyocera Hydro Icon on Boost mobile. The provisioning finished after successfully downloading all firmware, profile and PRL settings.

I keep getting a recurring "SIM card is now locked, please power cycle phone and try again" dialogue box. The ICCID number in settings becomes blank, and self service activation keeps opening up with a blank page, yet the phone still works and has a 3G connection.

Upon resetting the phone, the ICCID number shows back up in settings and after 30 minutes it locks up again.

I have already:

Factory reset phone twice.

Updated PRL and phone profile settings.

Reset phone connection settings with ##72786#

Removed/cleaned/reinstalled LTE card

Did everything boostZone said to do.

Still have a card that keeps locking up, no LTE. I live in area with LTE+enhanced LTE coverage according to the map.

Am I missing something somewhere? The phone is brand new OTB.
Beware that Google apps don't work well on it

Upvote 0
Call and ask for a new sim card
Yours is faulty.

I was hoping nobody responded with that. Boost or anybody associated with Sprint are a nightmare to get any help from. Honestly I'd rather punch myself in the groin. Repeatedly.

@DirtyDee I've read that in several forums already. But for the price I paid for the phone, worth a try. I'm only steamed for throwing 60 nonrefundable clams for a month of 1x speed internet.

Upvote 0
Beware that Google apps don't work well on it

Some time after getting this thing all set I got another Kyocera firmware update... It's still same KK but new Gapps and icons.

I'm surprised how well this phone works despite the bad rep in the forums. Trying it out to size up Sprint's coverage and maybe moving to them. Meh. I really like the phone tho, too bad I can't use this on Metro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones