1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kyocera phone "No SD card, Searching for Service" Successful help for $15 Amazon account!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by xCallMeMarco, Oct 25, 2014.

1. xCallMeMarco

xCallMeMarco Lurker

I apologize, it IS "No SIM card" on the title!

Hey guys!

Yesterday I turned on my phone to "Hands free activation. Contacting network..." loading with an option for emergency calls. It concludes to "No network connection"

A few seconds later, main screen opens and only offline apps work. Any app that requires internet connection or WIFI, does not open at all. Nothing is updating, no notifications, and it has the wrong date, the date I got my phone.

I did NOT change anything, nor did I open my phone prior to the problem.
    The first few times it also said "No SD card", but later it just said "Searching for connection"

Things I have tried:

Rebooted phone, reset to factory results, asked Boost mobile for help in person(failed).
    I HAVE PHONE SERVICE

If you need more information on my model number, or whatever is needed ask me!

I do not know many phone terms, so please in your responses keep it simple :)

First person to successfully help me solve the problem will receive a $15 amazon ACCOUNT(It's on an account already) I dont use it anyway.:):) Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. boyo1991

boyo1991 Android Enthusiast

Okay, so your on boost... Is it a 4g LTE device? If it is, then you technically have a Sim card, its just embedded and you can't get to it. Because 4g LTE works on gsm only.. So if its one of those devices, its possible, and I'm just guessing, that some contacts to the Sim card either aren't connecting or gone bad.. This *may* explain the WiFi problem as well as it may recognize there's a Sim card, it just can't quite get it...

In any case, boost/virgin/sprint doesn't like to help all that much... Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer usually has a 90 day - 1 year warranty. Just make sure you get through to a person or they will send you in the run around of restarting, resetting and repeating until you do get a person..