• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root l33l/c50/sunset/leon Aboot.img

Hey edodson! The-Truth here. So bcrichster tells me U need an "about IMG" now my only issue at the moment is I know what a boot IMG is and how to run it within TWRP and link it to u, buuuuuuuut I'm not sure what an "about img" is. Bcrichster tells me I can get this about IMG to U using a terminal emulator. I'm just not really really familiar with emulators I'm just starting to figure my way out around one but I will be glad to help if you can give me just a lil more info on the procedure I need to get U the aboot IMG bro.

Upvote 0
The link above is the (aboot IMG.) for the ms345 Leon running CM 12.1 I have since been informed that its the stock Leon ROMs aboot IMG that you need. I'm going to run my stock nandroid and link you that aboot IMG Edodson84.
The aboot.img is the same no matter the rom and thanks i will c if i can downgrade my device to run bumped boot.img's

Upvote 0
Sorry about that man. And I thought I had an actual stock ROM nandroid. turned out it was CM. My apologies!
Apparently it doesn't matter the ROM from what he said, he just still needs the actual "aboot.img" file, not the ".txt" Props and Thank You for helping a brother out! [emoji41]

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
So through an emulator is the only way to get this aboot IMG?
correct.
Heard of bump, What is bump.
It's an LG thing (code lock) that they made so that ppl couldn't make newer/better kernels to run their devices, bump incorporates that code into a modified kernel (like when we add init.d and insecure the boot.img).. Otherwise you'll get a soft brick when booting

Reactions: TMacgnolia
Upvote 0
Heard of bump, What is bump.
Bump is a tool used on devices that have locked bootloaders. So I am guessing that the LG Sunset has a locked bootloader.
I pulled the about.img from my busted device for you @edodson84 and uploaded it to my Google Drive. I know it really does not matter but just so you know my device is a Walmart Family Mobile h345 Leon which is the exact same device as the T-mobile Leon.

Upvote 0
Bump is a tool used on devices that have locked bootloaders. So I am guessing that the LG Sunset has a locked bootloader.
I pulled the about.img from my busted device for you @edodson84 and uploaded it to my Google Drive. I know it really does not matter but just so you know my device is a Walmart Family Mobile h345 Leon which is the exact same device as the T-mobile Leon.

U named it about.img?? Its actually aboot.img and im assuming ur device is a pre 10d device??? Thanks for ur help!!

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones