1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

L70 Boot animation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 9000cody, Oct 20, 2014.

1. 9000cody

9000cody Well-Known Member

I'd like to change it to the new lollipop "Android" animation. How would I do this, and is it even possible? I have root but just to bypass permissions, Not going all fancy and getting cyanogen. So I'm on Stock ROM and basic root. Any way to get the animation to work would be great, preferably one that does not brick it (No computer) thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jplsteel

jplsteel Android Enthusiast

This is the the Dropbox link. This is the lollipop boot animation and fits perfectly on screen. Go into system/ media and add.bak to old boot animation. Copy this one to same folder and set permissions to r-w-r-r Reboot device and let me know how it goes..

9000cody likes this.
  3. 9000cody

How would I set permissions? I've been trying to find that out.

4. jplsteel

I use root browser and just press and hold the bootanimation.zip file and a pop up menu will appear. Then from there choose permissions

5. 9000cody

I know this seems like a lot of questions but I really need to ask. Have you added an animations to yours yet? And if so, which one?

6. jplsteel

No problems with the questions. I have used a lot of different bootanimations and finding the one the right size is key..I have tried larger size animations and have ended up with bootloops...This one here I posted was 800

9000cody likes this.
  7. 9000cody

I'm a little confused with the add.bak I went to root explorer, System, Media, and there was just 3 files

8. 9000cody

I also just tried to place it in Data/Local but it didn't work.

9. jplsteel

Its in the system media folder... Rename the existing bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak. paste the new bootanimation in the same system media folder and set permissions...

9000cody likes this.
  10. 9000cody

It worked! It looks so beautiful! Thanks!!!!

jplsteel likes this.
  11. kenboyles72

kenboyles72 Well-Known Member

12. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

I just downloaded the boot animation file from drop box. Renamed the original to .bak and moved the new one to the same folder, my question is that the new boot animation file is listed as "bootanimation.zip and not simply bootanimation.zip which is how the original is listed. Are the quotation marks at the beginning supposed to be there and will the phone reboot if the file is not correct? Can someone who has done this move please let me know if I should continue with the quotation marks or eliminate them before rebooting?
    Also can you give me the octal code to set permissions correctly?

13. jplsteel

Eliminate them. Place new bootanimation.zip into system media... Rename the existing one to bootanimation.zip.bak

Set permissions to r-w-r-r. Reboot

14. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

Nevermind I went ahead with how it loaded and set teh permissions as they were with the old zip. The problem was that jpsteel had listed the permissions as being r-w-r-r instead of rw-r-r and I couldn't get it to set it like that until I checked the previous settings and saw the error. Still I don't understand what the fuss is about. The new animation is very plain and not even pleasing to the eye, its just a metallic word "android" that slowly has the illumination scroll across from beginning to end but nothing else. I prefer the cm11 one from biggiephil that was posted months ago on here, at least it is more eye pleasing and has slightly better graphics. I've had some great animations in the past from android based themes and wish I could find links to a collection of bootable start and end ones to choose from.

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews