• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lack of android quality games apps

switching from the ipod touch to the android i was under the impression that the games would be the same, but the ipod has MUCH better games and much more. looks like the droid x has dos and basic games :/ will this change soon. I love my DX and will never switch back but was hoping for better games

have you tried the emulators? there are thousands of games at your disposal.

if that doesnt interest the gamer in you, a playstation 1 emulator is coming out soon. word is a n64 emulator is also on the way.

As far as small lightweight games, the droid x has plenty at its disposal. it will have even more once froyo comes out and you can play flash games through the browser

Im not much for gaming on a tiny screen, I prefer my giant hdtv and ps3... but i hope that helps you

Upvote 0
yeah i hear ya, though i've been meaning to pick up the gba emulator since a bunch of gba games i can think of are better than anything i've ever loaded onto my iphone

they have a snes a sega genesis. They even have a capcom emulator. I have not used it, but supposedly it can play thge streetfighter vs and marvel vs capcom games.

the emulators are there, you just have to work a little and aquire the roms;)

Upvote 0
Games is a weakness in the Android Market if you really care about it. It is getting better though! If Google really is going to be doing "Google Games", then it should catch on quickly.

I think I read an article yesterday or maybe even today that there's a ton of awesome games out there, but some manu's aren't putting them in marketplace for some reason. Maybe someone can find that article.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones