1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ladies with DROID?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by karaberry, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DroidLove

DroidLove Lurker

lol, okay, I'll bite...

I already have a stupid pic of me with my Droid because, well, because I do silly stuff from time to time. :) So, on a lazy night (I believe last Sunday... I look like I'm in my football watching attire), I snapped a silly pic of me and my new love.

So, here's a girl with a Droid...

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. You have the same pink cover I do! :p

3. I am a girl and I pre- ordered my droid at best buy on the first day they accepted pre-orders! I even talked my husband into getting a droid too!:)

4. Droid4JB

Droid4JB Newbie

I'm 41 and fell in love with the idea of the Droid with the first "iDon't" commercial. I waited in anticipation of the Droid and haven't had 1 day of regret since getting it on November 6 at 7:45 am.... left BlackBerry for the Droid... not looking back :)

5. Droidn00b

Droidn00b Well-Known Member

I have the Droid. It's great! I really liked my iPhone but AT&T's coverage isn't 3G. The Droid does so much more. I've already spent several hours on it since I got it on the 5th. :) I'm a 41 year old kid with a new toy!

6. DROID Grammy

DROID Grammy Lurker

Present to myself for my 60th Birthday. Teckno junkie. Purple (really pink) case is the only accessory I purchased, lucked out, cords from my old Motorola Adventure work.

3 weeks and I Love, love my Droid!
    G

7. lumnative

lumnative Lurker

I am a 28yo woman, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on a Droid. I got mine the first day it was out and every day I love it even more. I am a gadget girl, so the Droid's appearance doesn't bother me one bit. I actually find thinks its hot because it's so manly! lol!

8. Fadingstar03

Fadingstar03 Lurker

I love my Driod.. I was eyeballing this sucker for weeks before it came out.. glad I got it.. the 10th will be my 30 days and definitely not thinking about a return.. no way! 100 times better then my Blackberry.. :)

9. anuleif

anuleif Member

Too, I saw a lady at the mall with a Droid. :) She had the same case that I had just purchased... which made me want to return my case. LOL

10. BamaBlue

BamaBlue Newbie

I'm a 50-year old chick with a Droid - my first smart phone! Was really intrigued by friends' iPhones, but no way was I leaving Verizon, even with their considerable shortcomings. I had been on AT&T, left ages ago because of their "notwork" - couldn't even use my phone at my house!

With my NE2 coming up Oct. 30, I started researching new phones, and once I discovered Droid, there was nothing else that was gonna do! I became a 1st day buyer (via deposit a week early at BB), got the girly pinky/purplish snap-on case, the docking station (really easy to remove back half of case each night for docking) and made my own car mount with a $3 universal vent mount, a little magnet and some super glue.

I LLLLOOOOVVVVE this phone!!! :p

11. GDroid

GDroid Android Enthusiast

So, any ladies with a droid in their 20's, single, and living in NY? J/K :p

12. quilex

quilex Lurker

I'm supposed to receive my droid tomorrow! I had to wait to order it because my t-mobile contract wasn't up until now :( 23/f... and I ordered a black case :p My husband is super jealous because he's stuck with sprint. PWNED NOOB! :D

13. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

You go girrrrl. Just hit 56, and treated me to the Droid. Now packing up iPhone 3GS for CraigsList. Such a thrill to say goodbye to the AT&T netwon't. BTW, Hubby has a Samsung Knack. Hey, opposites attract.

14. rlittle66

rlittle66 Newbie

You may have already tried this but shutting the phone off after installing a new app will help. Think of it like a laptop in your hand. I constantly refer to my Droid as a computer people laugh but think about it can you load applications on any other phone other than the iPhone?

Also use the bar code scanner to scan the Qr under my log in to see the best app for the Droid by far.

15. Barbara

Barbara Android Expert

*Mine has a Samsung Alias II that I picked out for him because he had no clue what he wanted/needed.*

16. LinMcHugh

LinMcHugh Newbie

45 year old--law firm staff trainer. Went from the Dare and also have a company-issued Blackberry.

On my 2nd droid--calls with echos. Did the update last night myself. Things are better.

(1) Wish the droid had flash player
    (2) I'm not crazy about Motorola phones in general--sound quality is always a bit tinny.
    (3) I HATE the camera--a step way down from the Dare, even with the upgrade

I barely use the slide out keyboard. Keep hitting send. Overall, I like the phone, like the apps, downloading is easy. I just ordered a Body Glove case--the plastic covers are just too slippery.

17. Zephyrmoon

Zephyrmoon Newbie

Another female Droid user here! I was very stoked about the Droid before it came out. I read up on it for a few weeks before release. What appealed to me was features and functionality. I've tried using the iphone my brother has, but quickly became frustrated with it within minutes. The keyboard on it was lame. Droid, on the other hand, is very easy to use. As soon as I had it in my hand, I knew immediately what to do. Loving my Droid!!! :D

18. Amaroth

Amaroth Android Enthusiast

Wow. I'm a believer now haha! I wasn't even aware there were pink cases for it. I geuss I'm just dumb. Anyway cool pic! I haven't seen any women with a droid phone yet in person. Then again I only seen one person with one at a walmart.

19. TXLady

TXLady Member

56 year old female with Droid. Been using Blackberries for several years. Bought a Storm 2 just under a month ago. After three weeks just could not like that phone. Traded it in for the Droid two days ago and within 24 hours, I was hooked. Love the Droid.

20. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Lol. I'm thinking it didn't take much for you to convince him to get one. haha. Anyways, I got my sister a droid.

21. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

Flash 10.1 will be coming in Q1 (hopefully) to Android. I'm actually hoping it comes with the January Update.

22. KimMazz

KimMazz Newbie

40 something female...Got my droid on 11/20 figuring I'd give it a try for the 30 day period. I'm coming over from a bb curve and not looking back. I use it for my business and pleasure. The customization is awesome. The FREE apps are amazing!
    I care about functionality, not pretty, well... some pretty :) I got a colored case.

23. KimMazz

KimMazz Newbie

I'm in the same boat. My husband keeps telling me I'm obsessed. I love this phone. He still has a razor and thinks its the best phone ever! But before that he had he same nextel for 8 years! What does he know.

24. ociopia

ociopia Newbie

I just got my Droid, coming from iphone 3gs (going to put it on ebay today). I love gadgety cells. Have had an HTC (I hate Windows mobile - too slow, as well as Sprint - no decent coverage), Samsung Omnia (same problem - windows mobile), Blackberry Storm (couldn't use touch screen easily to type) and iphone 3gs (wonderful in a jillion ways but once again, found touch screen impossible and AT&T has poor coverage in many areas).

So you can see I've been through many of the "nicer" smart phones. I love the Droid and find I can actually type quite well on the touch screen and love the hard qwerty. I'm just discovering many things about it and have many more to go!

I'll be 65 in February so women owning the Droid run the gamut! Sherry

25. smm

smm Lurker

Another female user here. And I also liked the "looks" of the Eris better. My friend has the Iphone and I like the "looks" of that better than the Droid. But...I do have the Droid.