• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Dumb question, how would one do this....if hypothetically one were so inclined. :shiftyeyes:

Boot the phone while holding X on the keyboard. The option should be somewhere in the recovery menu there. It's been a while since I had stock recovery so I can't be more help than that.
Yep, that's how ya do it.

Sent from my Droid

Reactions: zep
Upvote 0
My thought is that the problem is actually the new 2.1 gallery (don't like it) which is extremely slow to open (and update with new pictures)...since the messaging appl. depends upon pics from the gallery, it is sort of victim to the gallery's sluggishness.
No the gallery really doesn't bog it down. It only runs the gallery's code when your actually in the app.

Sent from my Droid

Upvote 0
Funny, I was just searching first before I posted "Is anyone else noticing a lag since 2.1?"
So yeah, I'm smelling something fishy. I've taken off Helix Home just in case it was that. I've taken off live wallpapers, just in case it was that. I've taken off any live widgets, jiciwt. I've taken off EVERTHING jiciwt!!! My droid still lags and as pointed out. mostly from apps back to home screen. I'll try the cache idea. But then what? 2.2 perhaps there is a reason why it's so soon.

Upvote 0
I have the same lag problem with my Droid. I have the 2D frame rate drop too which sucks since I really like to use emulators. I had a Verizon rep call me a week or so after the update and ask me if it went well and was experiencing any problems. I told her about the problems and she responded like it was a known issue, but not coming out and saying it was. I asked her if there was going to be a follow-up update to the 2.1-update1, she said that she could not comment directly on it but that "I was on the right track." Hopefully it is the upcoming 2.2 Froyo update or least one that fixes these problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones