• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lag & battery consumption - Froyo

Just upgraded to froyo 2.2 today and seem to have a lil bit of lag. how can I fix it.... Got the update thru KIES...

Also find the battery to be running out faster.. on 2.1 the battery would start going down from 100% say after 45 mins or so.. but post upgrade i see the drain starting within 15 mins post complete charge... let me know if something can be done - or do I give it some charges to settle down.. brightness set way down to zero, pull mails, advanced app killer set to go off when the screen goes off.

I concure, back up your apps and data if you want and do a factory reset from the settings. I used mMy Backup for data and App List Backup for apps, as my backup will backup apps but apparently they cannot then be upgraded.
I upgraded to froyo a while ago and the lag got worse and worse, with swype not working properly, plus I noticed the battery life was instantly worse. Eventually I had many force closes a day.

I did a factory reset and now I see how froyo is faster! And the battery lasts twice as long!

Reactions: kavimani
Upvote 0
I concure, back up your apps and data if you want and do a factory reset from the settings. I used mMy Backup for data and App List Backup for apps, as my backup will backup apps but apparently they cannot then be upgraded.
I upgraded to froyo a while ago and the lag got worse and worse, with swype not working properly, plus I noticed the battery life was instantly worse. Eventually I had many force closes a day.

I did a factory reset and now I see how froyo is faster! And the battery lasts twice as long!

Yup .. this did the trick... Froyo runs smooth now, will have to check ou the battery on a business day.... somehow feel that 2.1 was faster than 2.2.. what say guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones