1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Lag, but really only with the home, clear, menu and search 'buttons'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smittythepig, Dec 29, 2009.

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    I feel like my fingers are broken because with both of the Eris phones i've had (returned first one due to excessive lockups) the bottom row of 'buttons' are very unresponsive. I feel like the lag on the phone isn't too bad EXCEPT for those buttons. I usually have to press them several times to get a response, and it seems to help if I move my finger around. But it's inconsistent as to which area (above, below, to the side) responds better - which makes me think it's really just that they won't respond regardless until they are good and ready.

There are tons of threads about lag, but I don't see anyone really talking specifically about that bottom row of buttons and that's my biggest gripe. They seem to be the worst in terms of lag/unresponsiveness. Anyone else feel this way?

Advertisement

2. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    shortly after posting this i noticed that if i press most of the flat part of the top of my finger (more surface area) it seems more responsive. doesn't seem like it wants to respond when i do a tap, even a forceful one. maybe it just needs more surface area coming in contact with the area. not sure. hopefully this will work better.

3. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Those bottom buttons are my only real complain with the phone. Mine feel really weird when they vibrate I wish you could disable that.