• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lag Fix...Which one and how?

So I rooted my phone without any problems but I am having a really hard time getting the RyanZAOLagFix or whatever it is called to work. I can't seem to get the 2.2+ fix to work because it says that the device is out of room. I have offloaded all my apps that can be moved to the sdcard and deleted most of the rest that I hardly use to free up space. The 1.0+ fix says that it can't create a loopback or something.

Is there any lag fix that you guys would recommend or any way I can get this one to work. I would like to get this thing running quickly...I have heard about the quadrant scores of over 2000 and that sounds good to me.

My understanding (from personal research only, not hands-on experience) Ryan's OCLF and other variations get the job done with "smoke and mirrors" and that's why you can't make enough room on your phone to load it. It basically uses up the balance of your internal storage to overcome the lag issue. I got OCLF running briefly with the v.1 method, but it didn't do enough to make any difference for mine. I could never get enough memory to complete the v.2 method, either.

The voodoo kernels are supposed to be a much more accurate method for addressing the lag. As a bonus, iirc, they help with battery life (via undervolting) and the sound quality. I have not had time to sit down and get one up and running, so again, "research" info only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones