1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Lag Fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s0meguy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. s0meguy

s0meguy Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Miami, Fl
    I recently rooted my ms690 without downgrading thanks to joneidy's process. Worked like a charm first time. i am currently running 2.2.1. i am able to run titanium backup and other SU apps but when it comes to running a lag fix, i cant get it to work. when i try to run ryanza OCLF, i get a null error when installing the ext2 tools. I thought it might be a busybox issue so i updated it and even tried installing busy box to the xbin file all to no avail. my question is this: Has anyone else out there experienced this problem? and has anyone successfully lag fixed their optimus m while running 2.2.1 with either OCLF or voodoo?

Advertisement

2. s0meguy

s0meguy Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Miami, Fl
    no one knows anything? theres gotta be someone out there who has at least experienced something similar? any feedback at all would be extremely appreciated...

3. Prime85

Prime85 Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    ryanza is for Galaxy S not for the optimus m.... i do not have a lag with my phone, what i did is remove all the bloatware and also i use advanced task manager to close programs when i see my phone starting to slow down. i also set it to end tasks when my screen turns off and my battery lasts about 25% longer since i started that.

also if a widget is not necessary then dont use it.

4. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast
    None

I dumped my task managers. Also, you can use titanium back up and you can move all your user apps to the SD card, works great. I would keep certain apps on the phone e.g. Titanium backup, root explorer, GoSMS, Juice Defender, that cpu watchdog if you have it. If you keep running a taskiller, which I do not recommend because adroid--apparently--does not handle RAM the same way windoze does and bottlenecks are usually with CPU usage, I would put the taskiller on the phone as well.

I freed up a ton of space on my internal memory. I now have 100 megs out of 200 free! Its a 100+% increase in available space! I have a small lag when I boot and all my SD appz load, but other than that its smooth sailing.

5. hav0kk

hav0kk Member
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks for the tips reilus

Tags: