• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lag/freezing issues with my droid x

Evildawn

May 17, 2011
So I bought the droid x about 2 months ago first let me say I love the phone. But inhabit a fair amount of issues with it. Frequently my screen freezes up until eventually the phone restarts itself. I always have some sort of lag. I tried downloading some apps to help me get rid of all.these programs that auto run on start aswell as using an app killer but they just keep on starting back up again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this. I've tried auto task manager. And advanced task killer (free) but im so disapointed with the results of ATK I wouldn't pay for it

So I bought the droid x about 2 months ago first let me say I love the phone. But inhabit a fair amount of issues with it. Frequently my screen freezes up until eventually the phone restarts itself. I always have some sort of lag. I tried downloading some apps to help me get rid of all.these programs that auto run on start aswell as using an app killer but they just keep on starting back up again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this. I've tried auto task manager. And advanced task killer (free) but im so disapointed with the results of ATK I wouldn't pay for it

task killers are useless unless there is a particular app going rogue...

my best suggestion is to do a data wipe/factory reset...

unless you're rooted you're going to lose your data...but chances are it will solve your problem...

Upvote 0
task killers are useless unless there is a particular app going rogue...

my best suggestion is to do a data wipe/factory reset...

unless you're rooted you're going to lose your data...but chances are it will solve your problem...

Well I don't have anything on the phone thy I don't want or use I just wish they would only run when I actually want them to. What's th chances a larger sd card would help any?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones