1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lag on Rezound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr. Boom, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Android Enthusiast

Anyone else experiencing slowness and lag on the Rezound? Is there a good launcher, or settings to get rid of this lag? Launcherpro helps, but still has some issues.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

I don't see any lag at all. Mine is quick and smooth.

3. ToyotaTacoma

ToyotaTacoma Android Enthusiast

I think our best chance to get rid of lag will be with ics and sense 3.6. I didn't think I had lag either until I used my wife's incredible 2... sense 3.5 is very resource heavy. 3.6 is supossed to be better.

4. olbriar

olbriar  

I haven't noticed any lag. But I admit to comparing my speed to my past phone only.
    The Rezound is much smoother and faster than my Dinc. That doesn't say it has no lag. It's a comparison observation only. It will be interesting to see what an upgrade might buy us.

5. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

Try Advanced Task Manager Pro. It lets you set a regular auto kill at intervals as short as a minute, keeping the memory clear. My Rezound would run out of memory, causing a lot of stuttering until I installed this.

Should be called Bloatware Crusher. Also, the "uninstaller" item in the menu gives you a list of apps that don't show up in the main list, allowing you to exclude from auto kill apps like GoLauncher.

Matt

6. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast

My take.....Rezound/Sense optimized for Sense widgets and doesn't do well with a number of market widgets. The only market widgets I use is Calengoo and Sportacular. If it is lagging without widgets then there is some app running that is gumming up the works. I use all seven screens with lots of widgets and it flies.

7. Mr. Boom

I use one screen with two 1x1 widgets and i have lag on nearly every app. It's better using LauncherPro, but still lags. I am unlocked, rooted, running stock recovery until after ICS drops. I am thinking of doing a factory reset to see if it helps.

8. schimm

Wow. Yeah that sounds pretty abnormal.

9. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast

Don't do this. Task Managers only slow Android down. Google search the idea for more information.

ICS is really the best answer to reduce/eliminate lag. Also, a factory reset can help. The phone always seem snappy for those first few weeks before you load 100 of your favorite apps.

10. Mr. Boom

No, mine has done it since day one! SOmetimes wish i had my Inc back. I am letting my daughter use it for a while.

11. Wraith72

Wraith72 Lurker

I have no lag at all with Advanced Task Killer armed. The only time I've seen lag is when I enable a live wallpaper.

12. kokop159

kokop159 Newbie

Are you using live wallpaper? Sense 3.5 makes it lag.

13. Mr. Boom

No live wallpaper.

14. kokop159

kokop159 Newbie

Maybe a restart can fix your problem.

15. Mr. Boom

I did a factory reset last night. Seems better, but time will tell. My GPS does lock in way faster now, though.

ALso, using Launcherpro or Go Launcher helps, but this phone does not fly like it should.

16. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast

That's as good as it gets with Android 2.3. Read this article, if you want to know why:

https://plus.google.com/113612142759476883204/posts/JMqfWv5dZV1

17. tadlock2699

tadlock2699 Lurker

I've just switched from Zeam/LauncherPro to Apex Launcher and seems to have helped mine quite a bit. Of course, only time will tell it's true effects ;-)

18. schimm

Apex works on Rezound?

19. tadlock2699

tadlock2699 Lurker

On the newest update, and I'm running CleanROM 4.1, but yes. Anything older than ICS it won't run on AFAIK.

20. HaloShock123

HaloShock123 Lurker

I have the same problem. There is a lot of incompatibility with gaming due to the lag issues aswell.

21. esn

esn Android Enthusiast

I haven't had any lag and I am sense. I pretty much keep my device stock I find android devices run much smoother this way. I not a big fan of android but the phones offer so much more than any other device. If and when BlackBerry 10 comes out I will grab on for myself. I am finding Google to be too intrusive in my personal business.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews