1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lag Using Go Launcher

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by weihl165, Dec 21, 2011.

1. weihl165

weihl165 Android Enthusiast

Does anybody else notice any lag when using go launcher? I notice most when switching between screens, it does not seem smooth and a little jittery. Anyone else or have a fixes? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thornev

thornev Android Enthusiast

I use GO Launcher and don't experience lag except for when a lot of tasks are running. The way I fix this and make the phone snappier again is to run Astro (available in Market) which provides a list of tasks you can kill. I select all the tasks (apps) that I don't need to keep running in the background (such as games, People, etc.) and kill them. Works like a charm. The only down side is that when you start these apps next time, they'll take microseconds longer to start.

3. weihl165

Thanks, I have tried killing everything, with no luck. Maybe I'll try a factory reset. I thought with this version of android, task killers were unnecessary.

4. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Have you gone to GO Launcher Advanced Settings under 'preferences' and checked 'system persistent' and 'prevent force close' options? That could help with the lag.

5. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast

I found GO to be laggy period. IMHO, ADW EX>LPP>GO as far as smoothness.

6. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

I've been using GO for a few weeks w/o any noticeable lag. No Android is as smooth as a fruit phone, but mine is plenty responsive.

7. weihl165

Thanks for all the replies. I tried all the fixes with no luck. I had Launcher pro on my Inc. and liked it, icons are a bit small tho, unless you can make them bigger? aside from manually stretching them Tried ADW, it's not bad but like the layout of GO. The only thing I really like about the launchers over sense is the dock. If they would give us a editable dock in sense I would be a happy camper. Thanks again, guess I'll have to deal with it.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

are you running a live wallpaper in the background?

9. weihl165

Nah they suck the battery to quick for me

10. thornev

thornev Android Enthusiast

Well, task killers apparently are a bit misleading as it isn't necessarily the tasks that are the problem. According to one article I read it may be an app's CPU usage that may cause lag. Installing an app that monitors CPU usage might uncover apps that are slowing down a phone. Then kill THOSE apps.

weihl165 likes this.
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

If you've done a factory reset and it still exist then u might need to trade it in for another one.

weihl165 likes this.
  12. weihl165

Thanks guys, I haven't done a reset yet, but I started my vacation today to it will give me something to do over the break. Thanks again!

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews