• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lag while texting. Very frustrating!!

kryzzay83

Sep 12, 2010
Australia
I've had my SGS now for about a month, and I'm sick to death of this frustrating issue with texting so I wanted to see whether anyone else is having the same problem.

During texting, and at random intervals, I experience a lag and the phone thinks I'm long pressing a key which therefore means I'm constantly writing stuff that's wrong. For example I will type android and I'll get andro%d or a/droid or wherever the lag occurs. Does this happen to anyone else?

I thought I might do a test and watch the cursor flash on the screen for a while and it too will occasionally blink out of sync.

So I guess what's happening is something is causing a random spike in CPU or memory usage and slowing my phone down to a halt. I did the obvious thing and killed off all running apps and this didn't help. I also killed off all my widgets to no avail. Other issues that I have found that I think is related to this problem are,

* Pressing home and nothing coming up for at least 10-15 seconds.
* Pressing applications and nothing happening for 10-15 seconds.
* Pressing messages and nothing happening for 10-15 seconds.

I thought the solution would be to root and apply the lagfix but I can't do that because I have a SGS post August batch and entering recovery mode is not possible by pressing up volume + home + on/off.

Any ideas before I hard reset? :thinking:

After I bit of research I've found the following thread about changing the registry settings in Kies which will allow you to upgrade to official Samsung firmware.

My Kies says the latest version is JG4 but after registry hack it will let me DL JM1

Samsung Galaxy S - JPC Firmware - Vodafone eForum - Page 3

Going to give this a go tonight.

Upvote 0
Well after hacking Kies to allow me update to the JM1 firmware I must say I'm very happy with the result!

The only thing I had to do was re-enter my service providers APN details which was easy enough to find on Google and everythings great!

The JM1 firmware is snappy and fast and my text lagging issue has disappeared and the best thing about it all was no rooting or lagfix was required.

All I hope for is that I don't get issues over time!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones