1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lag with touch screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PurpleLove08, Dec 17, 2010.

1. PurpleLove08

PurpleLove08 Newbie
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    I've noticed in the past two weeks there has been a serious lag issue with my touch screen.
    When I slide my finger for the slide lock, there is about a 5 second lag.

I received a phone call this morning and as I was trying to hang up, I had to press the "end call" button three times. The same thing happened when I tried to hang up a call that I initiated.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Do I just need to turn my phone off and let it get a minute of rest or something?

Last week my phone just froze up and I had to take the battery out. It did that twice in the same day and I had to take the battery out twice in ten minutes time.

I got my phone towards the end of October and I really don't feel like trying to get a new one.

Advertisement

2. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    If you have a task killer installed that you've set to auto-kill on a schedule, change the settings to manual, or uninstall it altogether.

Then reboot.

If you DON'T have a TK installed, it could be a bad app. Do you remember which apps you installed around the time you started having the problem? Start uninstalling those.

PITA to troubleshoot these kinds of probs. Hopefully, it's a TK problem.

3. PurpleLove08

PurpleLove08 Newbie
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    I uninstalled my task killer.
    I will keep a closer eye on how my phone acts after I've installed certain apps.

4. rudybow

rudybow Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    South Carolina
    Might want to write down when you installed them too. If problems start on a certain date, you'll know if you downloaded any apps around the time the problem started. Of course there may be a pplace on your phone that tells you the day when you installed certain apps.

5. bbuck002

bbuck002 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Research Tech
    Buffalo
    this might sound like a lot of work, but, since you had a task killer and you are seeing screen issues i would do a factory reset and data wipe and reinstall the system...due to the way TKs work, they end up leaving registry errors b/c they do not properly shut down programs and they interfere with the OS's native task management programs. If you see that your phone is still unstable or it becomes more unstable definitely try the factory reset. this will reset your phone to like it just came out of the box. if you want to backup your apps, i recommend appbrain or titanium backup(if you are rooted). good luck

6. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Male
    Bullhead City AZ
    also check the display settings and turn off all animations. this helps with the slide screen. and get a cache cleaner app.