1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lagfix on captivate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frogman23, Apr 14, 2012.

1. frogman23

frogman23 Lurker

rooted captivate with 2.3.5 gingerbread: 2.3.5- I897UCKK4-Kernel 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489. Rooted with Odin and ran OCLF but when I try to use lagfix V2.2 it says I dont have playlogos file. What is the problem here? I also ran ROM manager and the captivate is not on the list for clockworkmod recovery. Can someone help me out? I just want to lagfix and maybe flash a ROM from ROM manager.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. falcon7204

falcon7204 Newbie

Here's my understanding of things:

1) OCLF is apparently no longer in development and is not fully compatible with Gingerbread. There may be other, better tools out there - search the forums for "OCLF" and there may be a link to a better solution. I'm not interested in applying a lag fix, so I haven't looked very hard.

2) The version of CWM in the Market (with ROM Manager) won't work with GB. You'll need to root and flash a new kernel like the Corn Kernel (which has CWM) and do all your recovery from the recovery window instead of from within ROM Manager. I tried to use ROM Manager and discovered CWM wasn't included, so I looked for geeve's excellent guide on rooting your Cappy (which you can find here). Very clear and concise step-by-step instructions for using Odin (NOT Odin One-Click).

My phone is rooted and I've been able to use CWM to back up the entire thing (data, apps, system - not music or pics, but I have those stored separately) in preparation for flashing a new ROM (someday - not entirely sure I'm ready yet).

If you've already rooted and you don't have CWM, you may need to flash a new kernel. That's beyond my scope, but perhaps one of the other helpful folks on this forum can chime in.

3. El Niche

El Niche Member

I also believe what falcon said is correct. that lagfix isnt used anymore and can actually screw up your phone. In GB people didnt really use lagfix too much, but I think they changed the file from RFS to EXT4. This would be done by changing a kernel that supported it. Now people that want more speed usually Overclock their cappys (also need a kernel that supports it).

I myself changed from RFS to EXT4 when I was on GB but couldnt find too much difference so just reverted back.

You should read up a bit more in XDA to confirm this, but Im almost positive the OCFL lagfix is not a good idea.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews