1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lagfix problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PabloEscobar, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member

Mods, please move this if its in the wrong place on the forum, i couldnt find where to put it.

Ive recently rooted my phone with the z4root and I have tried to run the lag fix (both OCLF and also Voodoo), but both times I get the same error - "

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MAKFOTO

MAKFOTO Newbie

If you update to FROYO 2.2.1 then a lagfix is no longer needed. Less trouble and much safer.

PabloEscobar likes this.
  3. PabloEscobar

Thanks for the info, il try to update. How can I update to 2.2.1? im running 2.2 now?

4. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

About the error you are getting, it is about your recovery version. You have 3e version, but you must have 2e version in order to install the unsigned update.zip files.

5. PabloEscobar

how do i convert to a 2e version? I cant install any file which i rename to update.zip - i keept getting the same error.

6. beer-in-box

Try to search the xda forums, I think you will need to flash a kernel or something for that.
    I can't remember how I did that, I am too sorry dude.

7. PabloEscobar

fixed this so easily by upgrading to 2.2.1 (thanks for the advice MAKFOTO), and then installed the voodoo lagfix via ODIN.

Follow this to upgrade to 2.2.1 with ODIN (VERY EASY):
    How to get Froyo 2.2.1 on your European GT-I9000 Galaxy S device right now regardless of country!! | CareAce

Once you have 2.2.1, or even before you have 2.2.1, you can apply the voodoo lagfix, once again via ODIN. this can be found below:
    Download | Project Voodoo, Galaxy S improvements
    - make sure you select number 1 if your going to be using ODIN.

I was getting quadrant scores of <900 and since ive done the two things listed above im getting scores of >1400!

8. jatank

jatank Newbie

Im on official 2.2.1 updsted va kies.

Do I have to root the phone with z4root before I apply the voodoo lag fix?

9. PabloEscobar

No you do not need to root phone before applying voodoo lag fix.

I tried rooting and it lowerd my quadrant score and made my phone less responsive so I unrooted and I am staying unrooted!

10. Mike2010

Mike2010 Newbie

I want to install 2.2.1 using the method above. Do I need to be rooted first? If I have to root the phone what is best method for doing this.:)

11. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

No you don't need to root your phone. But if you want to, you can use super one click to root it after updating the rom (updating will unroot your phone).

12. Mike2010

Mike2010 Newbie

Thanks snapper.fishes

13. PabloEscobar

14. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Z4root does not work on 2.2.1. You have to use Super One Click.

And OCLF sucks. It's obsolete. Don't use it.

15. beer-in-box

16. PabloEscobar

Thanks for the info beer, id already sorted it. I did it by installing voodoo and CWM I think.

17. koopah

koopah Lurker

I have a Galaxy S GT-I9000 on o2 and kies only updates to 2.2, can I use the 2.2.1 version of voodoo lagfix on that? I've seen the question asked on forums but never answered and dont want to break the phone.

I have advanced task killer and i've binned all my widgets and running Touchdown or any sort of messaging is just unuseable at the moment... in fact if I open an email, sometimes the screen times out before I get to see it... very frustrating ;)

Cheers,
    Dan.

18. beaver2233

beaver2233 Lurker

19. PabloEscobar

If it is a GT-I9000

Go to Settings > About Phone > Model number to find out.

If you are unsure if it will work on your handset, contact the creator of the tutorial.

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews