1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lagging, poor, performance when turn on Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by raequin, Feb 24, 2011.

1. raequin

raequin Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    My Optimus T runs terrifically! That is, except when I turn on Wi-Fi. I first did this in order to enable Wi-Fi calling, and noticed that apps took a lot longer to open, and sliding from one home page to the next looked choppy. So it seems that having Wi-Fi turned on (I get the same behavior whether or not Wi-Fi calling is turned on) is using the processor too much. Is this normal? Can you tell me what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. 2ndHalfCor

2ndHalfCor Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Idaho
    My T works great with Wi-Fi turned on as long as I have a good Wi-Fi signal. If I have a very weak Wi-Fi signal, it seems to be always trying to connect, disconnect, and then attempt to connect again. When that happens, it can slow to a stop unless I turn the Wi-Fi off completely.

3. raequin

raequin Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Thanks for your suggestion, that makes sense, but it's not the problem in this case. I've only tested this at home, where I'm three feet from the router. The connection is established and does not waver; the signal strength is excellent. Nevertheless, there is a definite performance hit when the phone has Wi-Fi turned on. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

** edit: I just found this thread about the same issue as pertains to phones with some update. Since mine is a brand new unit, I figure it's probably the same cause.

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards...mus-t-very-sluggish-after-lg-p509-v10l-update

It seems like everybody reporting this issue has a Belkin router (though whether that's a cause or a coincidence I don't know).

Tags: