1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Laggy nexus 7 now even worse with 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bonerp, Jul 28, 2013.

1. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

My N7 gets really laggy especially when its downloading updates to apps. Now I've installed 4.3 OTA last night and its barely usable.

Another thing - why when I forget my password on here and get an email sent to click on the link, doesnt the whole link open? It just takes me to www.androidforums.com rather than the whole link address? Even if I copy and paste it to chrome, or the bog stand internet browser, it just takes me to the root web address...?

2 downfalls of Android. Damn frustrating not being able to reset passwords on the move.

Advertisement

2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

You don't have Chrome set to save the passwords for you? I do. it's far more reliable than my memory and syncs any password changes across my PCs (Linux and Windows), phone (Nexus 4), tablet (Nexus 7) and Samsung Chromebook. Takes all the guesswork out of passwords :)

As for your laggy N7 all I can say is mine is (and always has been) very slick and responsive; I hope it stays that way after update but I have no reason to believe it won't.

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Probably time for a factory reset.

If you're rooted, you also might try lagfix. It's speeded up all my devices.

Not having a couple gb free on your sdcard is a known problem too.

John Bean likes this.
  4. lilgamesh

lilgamesh Lurker

Also,
    Looks like some Apps are not running. As of now I found MX Player is not running and says in compatible.

5. llee123

llee123 Lurker

there something wrong with automatic sleep i put 30mins and it didn't work -_-

6. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

My N7 has always been horrible when downloading app updates and installing them - right from day one. Otherwise, I have very little trouble with it.

Many people have recommended the app, Forever Gone which fills your empty storage up and deletes it all properly - I've never seen any difference after trying it though.