1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Laggy phone & Can't view pics in Gallery anymore

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bdr127, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bdr127

bdr127 Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    I started having problems last night viewing pictures in Gallery. Quick background: I have about 60 pictures on a 32GB SanDisk mini-SD card, so no crazy number of pics or anything. (Note that I have about 12GB of mp3s on the card, as well, and only a couple 3rd party apps.)

Last night my phone got *really* laggy, and I kept turning stuff off and on, killing processes one by one, etc, until I found the source of the slowdown. It turned out that when I unmounted my SD card (or just took it out of the phone), the phone operated like normal. Since that time, I have been unable to view pictures on the SD card from Gallery. I've let it sit for 20 minutes, and the little red circle thing just keeps going 'round and 'round.

What is really strange, though, is that I can play mp3s from the SD card with no problem (other than the lag), and I can view all the files and directories on the card with a file manager app, and I can connect the phone to my computer via USB in mass storage mode, and everything is fine.

If this problem was only that I couldn't view pics in Gallery, I'd just use a 3rd party app. But the lag is unbearable. I have the card backed up on my computer, but I don't want to do a format if I don't have to. I'm not even sure that would fix this anyway... Anyone have any thoughts?

Cliffs: Phone is suddenly laggy; can't view pics in Gallery, but can view/play everything on SD card from other apps.

Advertisement

2. sanibel

sanibel Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    High School Teacher
    Sch
    I had a similar problem and exchanged my phone. The T-Mo's rep was clueless to what happend so he was more than happy to give me a new one (or at least he acted that way :)).

3. telstrareg

telstrareg Newbie
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Possibly you have too many pics? I found that when I upgraded to 2.2 Froyo the album performance increased dramatically.