1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Landscape Mode lock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sinza, Sep 2, 2011.

1. sinza

sinza Lurker

First off, love the Commando! Awesome tool!
    I have the desk charger and I noticed that when sitting in the charger there is a 'landscape mode' that you can not get normally. I built a leather wristband for mine for use outdoors as I like the idea and use of a wrist computer but it would be great if I could lock it into landscape mode. I know it has it, so there should be a way to 'tricking' the phone into thinking it's sitting on the charger.
    Would also be nice if a app came out so you could switch between the two. I'm sure a permanent landscape mode would be something many would want.

Thank for your input.
    Sinza

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

BLACKTOOTHGRIN Android Enthusiast

Haven't you tried Duct Taping a battery underneath it yet???:D:D:D

...just kidding...couldn't help it. :cool:

Nice idea though,
    let me know if you get it figured out.

3. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast

Wow with all the gazillion apps in the market it would seem there would be something. It would be a nice toggle feature. Portrait mode can be set/locked. Maybe we can find something.:)

Found something called "auto rotate switch" trying it now.
    Nope, just switches the rotate feature on/off won't lock landscape. I may use this for awhile. It does have a nice function, but not what the op is looking for.
    Still looking....

Try "orientation control" in the market. Not free, but cheap and may do what you want. I had it and deleted it by accident before I could try it, now it won't let me DL it again yet. may give it a go later.
    EDIT: OK tied the above and it works pretty well. It will lock it into landscape. Bit the bullet and took one for the team at $1.50+ tax it does what it says. Nice app actually, not a true toggle tho which would have better imo.

4. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast

Been trying the orientation control app out for the past couple hours or so. Not sure I like sacrificing one handed operation to have it in landscape tho. Trying to get used to that. One thing I did notice is the slide out menu does not slide out. But if you touch it you get a drop down list of the apps. Best of all no stupid sound comes with it. Anyway, at least this app gives us another option for our commando's.

Casio G'Zone Commando Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews