• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

landscape text entry in browser :/

dan55

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2010
Hi all.
Is it me or is the text entry a bit rubbish when browsers are in
Landscape mode :/

Often when I use it the text box shoots to top of screen so that
You can't actually see what you are typing :/

Cheers
Dan

Ps. Dolphin hd is the same

The text box will shoot to the screen if you're doing a Google search. Google Instant has recently been activated on Android phones - at least, those running 2.2. I haven 't yet found a way to turn this off; it seems to me that it must pull down a lot more data than the old search, which is going to impact everyone's data download plan. And my Virgin Mobile plan limited to 25 MB per day.

Upvote 0
Hi all.

Cheers
Dan

Ps. Dolphin hd is the same

No, It's not just you. Flaming pain in the arse. Texting in landscape is impossible for just this reason. I use Dolphin HD as well, and haven't noticed it there, but I've just got into the habit of not using landscape for text entry probably.

Upvote 0
Contact he developers and let them know the issues you are having. If they don't know then they can't fix it.

I am running on DeFroST so have the vanilla android browser and all seems ok in there. May not have noticed as used to just move the screen so I could see it when I used Dolphin. Will check it in a bit.

Upvote 0
Hi all.

Does exactly the same for me too. It's a right pain in the arse. :mad:

Thankfully most of the forums I regularly use have Tapatalk intsalled so it only happens when I visit a couple of forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones