• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Landscape Wallpaper

Please someone anyone help. It's driving me nuts. How can I set the wallpaper to landscape so that it scrolls when I swipe to another page like other devices. I don't want to install that landscape wallpapers app because from this image it looks possible and it's just killing me inside not knowing how to do it. I've tried everything and can't figure it out. Try for yourself in the gallery app

Please help?!!!

Attachments

• 1384215991723.jpg
    1384215991723.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 88
I'll rephrase what I stated.

You can take a picture in landscape. But, if the picture goes outside the outline you see Touchwiz will crop the photo. Other launchers will scroll the entire picture when you swipe to other screens.

I can see what you're trying to say here but that makes no sense when you actually mess around with it. If I take a horizontal or a landscape photo then there is no option to do anything with that landscape rectangle. It just seems pointless...

Upvote 0
I can see what you're trying to say here but that makes no sense when you actually mess around with it. If I take a horizontal or a landscape photo then there is no option to do anything with that landscape rectangle. It just seems pointless...

The outline is just there to show you what part of the photo will become the wallpaper if the resolution of the picture is larger that the resolution Touchwiz uses for the wallpapers.

I believe the cropped resolution for Touchwiz wallpapers is 900 x 1200. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that resolution.

Edit: I re-read you last comment. You are correct. I'm not sure the point of the horizontal rectangle since Touchwiz doesn't utilize it for wallpapers.

Reactions: ThePoundDollar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones