1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Language selection for multitouch keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thetingster, Sep 12, 2010.

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Top Secret
    Utah, USA
    Ok, I sincerely hope someone has an answer for this. I am running xtrROM 4061 and I use the multitouch keyboard.

However, the other day I installed Kaosfroyo v34 and noticed that in the multitouch keyboard settings there was the option to select the language between English and spanish. I selected English and the prediction while typing was much more accurate. For one example, I didn't have to hit shift everytime I used "I".

Now here is my problem. I love my installation of xtrROM. And really don't want to switch permanently to Kaosfroyo to get this to work. I still found kaosfroyo to be a little sluggish. Does anyone know a way to add this option to select language in the multitouch keyboard on xtrROM or a way to edit the dictionary so these predictions are like they were running froyo?

Thank you!

Note: I have found an option in settings to choose english or spanish but no matter which I select there was no difference. Also that language selection option is not in the multitouch keyboard settings as it is on Froyo.

Edit: Still anyone know how to get the language to work right on the multitouch keyboard? I still always have to capitalize I, and it's not as accurate as running on Froyo.

Advertisement