1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Laptop>Android phone >Yawcam

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Dakotasdad1, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Dakotasdad1

Dakotasdad1 Lurker

Ok .. here is one for ya... there is some pretty good free webcam software out there called yawcam (Yet another webcam software) I use it on my home PC and can view the streaming video from my Samsung moment android phone... works great!
    Now....
    I use PDAnet to teather my phone to my laptop and that works great as well. i want to use the laptop to run a moblie webcam but i cant get the cam to transmit to the web via the lappy and phone.. on my home pc, i have to forward port 8081 for the stream to get thru, but there is no way (that i Know of) to do that with PDAnet or the phone... Any help out there?

2. poolguy

poolguy Newbie

Have you tried Qik or Ustream? Webcam straight from your phone's camera, no pc needed.

3. Dakotasdad1

Dakotasdad1 Lurker

Qik is Quirky at best. it isnt what im looking for, i want to run chat, and stream video while driving with a mounted cam. (i will be driving, Not the person typing) Qik records then auto uploads after stoping the recording. i havent tried the other one u mentioned but i will.. Skype works and has great streaming quality, only problem is, it can only be viewed by one person at a time, and they have to be on your contact list. yahoo messenger does it, kinda jerky.. and once again not to a website. Ive tried webcamxp software, camstream software, and yawcam so far.. all need ports forwarded.