• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

laptop charge problem

Spec-Kie

Jan 17, 2013
North East UK.
Hey guys. I have got a laptop here pretty new and I had the problem of the power jack coming loose... I have changed it and it has worked perfect for a good few months. The thing is the other day I cause my 2 year old son standing on top of it.. Now when I plug my charger in the little light on the charger box goes off and when I unplug it it comes back on. My laptop does not ot charge?? I have tried to 2 different. Chargers on been brand new and it ds the same. Does this sound like the power jack needs replacing again?? I

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Does this sound like the power jack needs replacing again??

It sounds like the two year-old needs to be replaced. :D

Kidding aside, welcome to the forums, Keano88. I'd be inclined to have the machine looked at by a tech, because fairly heavy weight enough to damage the charging apparatus could be more extensive than merely the jack itself.

But, first the inexpensive remedy: get another jack in there and see if that's all there is to it. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I was afraid of me son the little bugger... Never done out like that before lol. Well one thing I aut to mention is that when I plug it in the cable gets extremely hot...

Almost definitely then, there's a short circuit in the laptop. Could be the power jack doing it, or something near the power jack and power supply components. It's worth a try.

Have you thought about a Panasonic Toughbook? Expensive, but you can drive a tank over them things. LOL

Upvote 0
honestly i have never had an issues with them braking, Just the other day my laptop was on the floor next to the sete and i walked in the front room to see my loverly little son stood on top of it, trying to look out of the window, Well i can try the power jack and if that is not it then i think i will have to strip it down and sell of the parts and maybe buy a new laptop, Think that is my best bet like,.

Upvote 0
Alright guys i have sorted my problem out, Very lucky my machine didnt catch fire haha. When the little on had stood on it he traped the power jack cable and nipped it putting a break in the plastic coating Obvs leaving the metal on metal connection which was making my charger short out. All fixed now tho and working like a dream,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones