1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Laptop Dock Application

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitakp, Feb 4, 2011.

1. whitakp

whitakp Newbie

This phone will truly still be a pretty powerful phone, even without the laptop dock. Don't you think someone will write and application that will allow you to dock to your own computer vs. this laptop dock?

Does the inability to sideload take out tethering options? I can't imagine there not being a work-around with the tethering?!

I am sure there will be workarounds after a few months.

Still Buying.....:cool:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

You'll be able to sideload right away with the sideload wonder machine. Also webtop can be used without the laptop dock.

3. substance12

substance12 Newbie

i'm curious if another OEM can manufacture a realistically priced laptop dock that can interface with the atrix. from what I can tell, the atrix just detects that something is connected to the hdmi port and a menu pops up asking you what you want to do with it.

4. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

I am under the impression that the Atrix just tells when HDMI is connected too; it looked like some guys did that for the CES demo. How awesome would it be for someone to make a "tablet like" touchscreen with a dock in the back, this thing has most of the same internals as the xoom and these other new tablets

5. substance12

substance12 Newbie

Is tethering plan required for docks?

---------------------
    Mark (Forums Manager), (Official Rep), commented 4 minutes ago
    Nope, the Firefox browser simply won't connect to anything while on AT&T Broadband.

---------------------

Mark (Forums Manager), Official Rep, replied 4 minutes ago
    @Substance

It's best to contact AT&T regarding their rate plans/pricing.

3. Laptop Dock - Firefox browser use with AT&T Mobile Broadband requires Tethering Plan.

You will still be able to use Lapdock on WiFi without Tethering plan.

Mark
    Motorola Mobility US Facebook Support

-------------------------

there is specific configurations in place that won't allow us to use the mobile broadband without paying for the $45 plan. So even if it was reasonably priced, you're (economically) better off using a real laptop and using wifi tether or pdanet.

6. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

I agree and this would be a-freakin'-mazing! I could probably justify spending the ~$500 for something like that.
    I've often pondered a tablet, but it always seemed kind of pointless to have two devices with two data connections, something like a tablet dock would be perfect for me.

7. substance12

substance12 Newbie

since ATT will charge you for using firefox... i wonder what happens if you use the default browser in webtop mode instead...

8. barry99705

barry99705 Android Expert

Right there. That's freaking ridiculous.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews