• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Laptop Keyboard for HTC Phone

RosettaStone

Dec 19, 2012
Do you know of a proven, well functioning, simple app that will allow use of my laptop's keyboard for entering data into my phone?

The link could be cable or bluetooth. I think cable would be simplest in my situation. So if I had a preference it would be cable linkage. But anything better than nothing.

-Notebook is Samsung N150P
-Phone is HTC One XL

OP, we all start somewhere. If it helps to know this for the future, any time you see a word that is colored and underlined like that, it's a hyperlink (think, web address) to a website. To take this a step further, notice how its the same appearance as the full link that I posted later. They're both the same, with the only difference being that the first one looks nicer and cleaner than the second one.

Reactions: RosettaStone
Upvote 0
hi ryanb,
well i went to the youtube video you suggested and downloaded the app called bluekeyboard jp. i had no luck at all. i couldnt get the phone to pair with the notebook. tried for ages. very frustrating. the video is ambiguous but i suspect this app is designed for a stand alone keyboard and or an apple keyboard. mine is windows.
any ideas?

Upvote 0
Sorry, that was my best shot. What I use (Freedom Pro) has drivers specifically designed for Android and other platforms. A few years back I tried going your route with a windows keyboard, but eventually got too frustrated at the lack of ways to make it work so I broke down and bought something mobile-specific. There are cheaper options out there now than what Freedom still charges, FWIW.

Upvote 0
ok well i can go down that path. i just wanted to exhaust possibilities to employ my notebook. i did pay for it and another keyboard is more to carry around and it makes sense to use the one i have already got and already carry around.
i noticed there is a htc one interest group on this forum so i might go fishing there. i should close off this thread, yes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones