1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Laptop won't recognize Hannspree tablet using Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I want to transfer a file from my laptop to my tablet but can't get the laptop to recognize it. I transferred a file once before but can't remember how I did it. The tablet is still new and this is my first experience w/Android so I'm in the dark.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You plug the tablet into a USB port on the laptop. Open Computer (or Windows Explorer, or however you look at the files on your laptop) and you should see a new "drive" - your phone. Open that, find the files you want and copy/paste the same as you would with any other drive.

scary alien likes this.
  3. HungryJoe22

HungryJoe22 Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2014
    I have that model, and the # is HSG1279. The model's name is the SN1AT71.

This model often comes with a lot of problems such a those you describe. By Googling, you can find a number of owners who are unhappy with its slowness and other problems. I have learned to live with its slowness, but for me a new problem has arisen: I keep getting a pop-up wanting me to "upgrade" to Android 4.2.2. The problem is, I contacted Hannspree about it and they recommended I NOT do it. They say the "upgrade" is flawed and will cause even more problems. Meanwhile, that pop-up appears over and over, interrupting whatever I am working on, sometimes as often as 3 times an hour. You may be having problems because you have this new 4.2.2 "upgrade."

Hannspree says they cannot help me, but they may be able to help you, IF you can reach their Tech Support people. It's not easy, but it can be done.

P. S. For all who may be wondering about this tablet, I cannot recommend it. Altho if you
    only want it for viewing YouTube videos and the like, it seems to work fairly well, and the
    screen images are quite excellent. But be sure you have a good, strong wifi signal.

4. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    Thanks for that informative post, Joe. Just a tip- Look at the last posting date before replaying. You will see this topic was last opened at the beginning of January and is long dead (meaning most people ill not reply). You can clear out the notification by doing the following:

Settings > Apps > All >Find Google Service Framework >Force Stop >Clear Data and then Disable -

If that doesn't work, do this:

Go to Settings.
    Tap Application manager.
    Swipe to the All screen.
    Scroll down to find Download manager, then tap it.
    Tap Clear cache button.
    Tap Clear data button followed by tapping OK button.
    Tap Force stop button followed by tapping OK button.
    Restart the phone into recovery
    clear /cache
    restart

Hopefully one of these solutions will help you. If you continue to have issues I would definitely create a new post in the device forum for your phone.