1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LaserJet 1160 problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Davdi, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Yesterday when I went to print a document from LibreOffice, the printer started flashing the attention light. Pressing either the 'Go' or 'Cancel' buttons made no difference, neither did powering it off & on again. The HP website doesn't appear to offer any hint as what a flashing attention light means. Meanwile the printer is a large, heavy paperwight wit a small flashing LED[​IMG].

Advertisement

2. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert

Have you tried reading the manual? what was the last time you changed the toner? did you try restarting it?

3. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Manual suggests the fault is a 'General Continuable error' or a 'memory Configuration error'.

The other possibilities relate to paper jams - I've checked, there isn't one.

The fault occurred after printing a word document, when I came to print another word document (Which printed OK on my Kodak All-in-One)
    The Toner is about a year old, but I don't use much (The previous toner lasted me over 5 years)

4. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert

try taking the drum out, take a flashlight and check if nothing stuck inside printer. My other suggestions is to ask questions at more guru forums such as http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

HP has some bad habits. What were you trying to print?

I have a Laserjet 1300 and it takes freaking forever to print anything with graphics.
    Were you using Linux or Windows? It seems to take longer in Linux than Windows.

I've had HP printers do something similar, and then print pages and pages of gibberish. Inkjets, lasers, including a big color laser. The only solution I found was uninstall the damn printer, then reinstall it in XP. Clear out device manager, too.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Money. I know many printers, including HP, will stop dead if you're trying to print banknotes, anti-counterfeiting measures. But I don't think that's the OP's problem.