• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Last.FM vs. Pandora vs. Slacker Radio (best internet radio)

I use to use XM, but I didnt't like the yearly cost. I moved to yahoo unlimited, but hated dealing with DRM. I bought a Slacker G1 device about two years ago, and have been happy with it.
Now that I have a Hero, I have been using the Slacker App. I like Slacker with cache the channels. I live in a rural area, and streaming is patchy. My trial ran out so I will most likely pay for the upgraded plan.

Upvote 0
The very first song I played on Slacker was mislabeled. The FIRST ONE! I skipped ahead to another from the same artist and the player error-ed out and skipped the song. I got frustrated and gave up.

I tried again a few hours later. Queued up a movie score (classical genre) and that played fine. When it moved onto the second song it played some crappy 1970′s hit. The prediction software on Slacker is horrible.

Pandora is much more simple and

Upvote 0
I love Pandora and TuneWiki, but never got into Last.fm much. I wasn't impressed with Slacker. Though TuneWiki is able to play shoutcast stations, the streaming almost never works for my favorite streaming site Somafm.com. I use DroidLive and it streams all my stations from Soma exellently. My favorites are Groove Salad, Beat Blender, and PopTron. Pandora's database is only 300,000 songs from what I've heard, and it can get repetitive. I sound like a shill for Somafm but it's truly great commercial free internet radio that I stream 24/7 on my home computer, and after trying 5 or 6 streaming apps for Android, DroidLive does the best job and has a nice interface.

I really hope TuneWiki and Pandora make their buttons larger and more responsive though...I really can't understand why their interfaces are so terrible.

Soma fm has an app for your xbox one. I play it in the background while I chill and kill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones