• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Last.fm

I've had a last.fm account since 06, but stopped using it a while back. Today I found it again when I decided to download it for my Hero, listened to a couple tracks, then went back to my Songbird library on my PC.

This is my overall artists since 06. Probably haven't logged in to last.fm in three years, but as you can see I used to listen to a lot more emo and mellow music. I've diversified quite a bit more since then, and there's only a few genres I don't like.

I may do this a bit more. I usually listen to Pandora while I'm at work, but my coworkers don't respect the sanctity of that if I leave myself logged in. I had to delete "Glee radio" from my playlists last week after they used my 40 free hours...

If I stick with Last.fm more, I'll post an updated "recent tracks" chart in the upcoming week or so.

Upvote 0
The top ones my profile:

1. Buckethead (1,258)
2. Foo Fighters (1,027)
3. Queens of the Stone Age (954)
4. Less Than Jake (879)
5. Alkaline Trio (628)
6. Reel Big Fish (571)
7. John Frusciante (570)
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers (516)
9. The Donnas (466)
10. Jackson United (456)
11. Guns N' Roses (447)
12. Pantera (434)
13. Sonata Arctica (391)
14. The Smashing Pumpkins (379)
15. Silverchair (334)

Upvote 0
Lastfmartists.jpg

Upvote 0
It is kinda like facebook for music.. you can track all the music you listen too and then it kinda groups you with other people who listen to the same stuff so you can look at what else they listen too. It is a pretty nice for discovery of new bands.

D'oh...this whole time I thought you can listen to music from it and was always trying to figure out how the heck you get to play music instead of researching what it was really about.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
D'oh...this whole time I thought you can listen to music from it and was always trying to figure out how the heck you get to play music instead of researching what it was really about.

Thanks for the info.

You can listen to music with it. It has a little player to the right side. If you dont have an account tho, I dont think it will let you. The music you can listen to tho, is pretty limited too as far as I have experienced, probably due to copyright laws.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones