1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Last minute question(s)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hciv99, Jul 1, 2010.

1. hciv99

hciv99 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Hi everyone!

So I am about to root my Hero as I CAN NOT take the dialer lag anymore...! Or the texting lag for that matter (to many problems to mention).

Anyways, I have done ALOT of reading on rooting and backups etc., but I still have a few questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with.

1) When performing a Nandroid backup, is a 2gb microSD large enough in size?

2) On the new XDA guide for rooting [GUIDE] How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release for CDMA Hero - xda-developers - it mentions to do a nandroid backup (step 9). Is this the easiest way to do this?

3) Apart from anything the guide mentions is there anything that I should do with m phone pre-rooting or post-rooting that I should know about? In other words, can I just start from step 1 on the guide right now and I should be just fine in terms of rooting to 2.1 (because it also mentions how to do a nandroid back up as well).

That's it for now, and I appreciate everyone's help/time.

Thanks!:)

Advertisement

2. todlerix

todlerix Member

Jun 19, 2010
    PM me, I just did my root for the first time and it was very easy. Happy to help you through it.

Pm me for AIM/gtalk details and I can walk you through it via chat on there.

3. todlerix

todlerix Member

Jun 19, 2010
    1. Yes, 2gb is large enough

2. Yes, that is the easiest method.

3. Backup anything you may have. All my stuff is/was sync'd with google account so there was nothing for me to backup.

4. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Export contacts to the sd card is all I can suggest the nandroid backup is easy, but just in case you will have that full contact info saved.

5. hciv99

hciv99 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ok. So, just start from step 1 guide the guide and backup everything like you stated and I should be good to go right? There is nothing else for me to do/be concerned about? I also checked the Build Number and i was the .5 so I'm good to go that route as well...

Tags: