1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Last question before I try to flash a different ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghurm, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ghurm

ghurm Newbie

In case you haven't seen my previous posts.. I recently rooted with Revolutionary.. I've created a backup of my current system through clockwork and moved that backup off my phone and onto my computer. I've also installed titanium backup and have done the batch backup for user applications and also a few other things like bluetooth pairings, wireless access point info, etc.. oh, and the youtube app.. i know it was red on there, but i figured it's an app and I use it..

anyway...

before I get too much farther into this.. When I DO finally go to flash my new ROM of choice... am I going to lose my contacts? email history for my imap account? (i use this phone for work) is there anyway to save this data? I don't see anything for it in titanium backup... My phone's been doing that contact backup thing that verizon has, but will I have access to that from other ROMs? There ought to be some way to get all of this out and into outlook or something, right?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast

Save your contacts to your gmail account. I don't know about the imap account because I don't use one. Good luck!

3. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member

Yep, save your contacts to gmail.

IMAP on the other hand is meant to stay synced with a server, so if you re-create the account on the new rom, it will pull down the email just like nothing happened.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews