• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Last resort BBS, need help fast folks.

Its been a while since I posted anything in here, having serious troubles with my moto force z, I accidently download a "official" google play app to help with my walking, since the androidwalk was like not counting my steps all the way though, man vs. machine right?

Anyways its been stuck on the black screen for some time now, tried many button combinations for a simple hard reset, here is the real murder in sheeps clothing, my phone is so cold that it does not hold a charge at all, any suggessions on keeping it warm though?

Thanks.

I accidently download a "official" google play app to help with my walking

And where did you get this "official" Google app? If it wan't from the play store then it could be anything. A little more information, like the name of the app for instance, would be helpful.

my phone is so cold that it does not hold a charge at all

How cold is it? While LiIon batteries will have reduced performance at lower temperatures, you'd have to get it below -40°C to cause any problems. As long as it's above freezing, it shouldn't be affected at all.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
I doubt the app had anything to do with it. I also doubt it was temperature related. Just an unfortunate coincidence. As for keeping your phone warm in cold weather, If it's in your pocket, it's probably plenty warm.

Well then why when I touch it, it feels cold though?
I tried everything, i am using trinkle method without my sims card in it now...

I tried charging it on my wall after i done the trickle with my sims card, did a few dozen fdr's on it, walked around with it in my pocket to see if that does get warm...
Talked with verizon too, anything i can use, would be extremely helpful.

Upvote 0
Suggest you take it back to Verizon.

... Thom
That is a lot of miles my mom has to drive and back here, two hour round trip, we are in the country side of town..

Another thing I hate about townies, they are snoobie little butts, they think it should have appeal across upper town vs. us country folks.

Upvote 0
This is another example of why I miss removable batteries. There was a spot that changed colors in the battery housing if you got it wet on most devices with removable batteries. Now you immediately void your warranty if you try to check that.

BOT: Feeling current means stop using it. Are you sure your vibration setting isn't just set really high Milo?

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
This is another example of why I miss removable batteries. There was a spot that changed colors in the battery housing if you got it wet on most devices with removable batteries. Now you immediately void your warranty if you try to check that.

BOT: Feeling current means stop using it. Are you sure your vibration setting isn't just set really high Milo?

No my phone has a killswitch to mute it usually, nothing really high on it.

Upvote 0
Something that has not been mentioned in the conversations about your Moto Z Force ...

Did you ever get it wet?
Do you have the additional insurance from Verizon covering water damage?

... Thom
I work in a joint with constant water, but the majority i keep it in my pocket, so it gets very little water damange, I pulled out the sims card eariler and noticed only a speckle of water on it though, but i cleaned it pretty good.

Upvote 0
I believe you either have a defective charger or a defective Moto Z2 Force. Replacement of one or both of them seems likely. Contact Verizon and see what they think.

My GUESS is a defective battery.

... Thom
Trying to charge with this adaptar that has a LED light first.

Upvote 0
I pulled out the sims card eariler and noticed only a speckle of water on it though, but i cleaned it pretty good.

That's very bad. If there was even a "little speckle of water" on your sim card, you can be pretty certain that water was into the phone itself. It may very well be fried at this point. :(

Reactions: psionandy and Thom
Upvote 0
That's very bad. If there was even a "little speckle of water" on your sim card, you can be pretty certain that water was into the phone itself. It may very well be fried at this point. :(
I really hate going to verizon since it is way up in town .

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones