1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

late night: shut down notifcations, ring only

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlm86, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jlm86

jlm86 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    How do i keep my phone next to me at night, only allowing the phone to ring and not all these audible notifications?

Advertisement

2. akaivyleaf

akaivyleaf Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    Atlanta
    Look at an app called Timeriffic (probably spelled wrong). It allows you to set certain functions of the phone to happen at certain times. It should allow you to set the phone to ring audibly at certain hours and turn off all other notifications.

The key to remember with timeriffic is that you have to start at the earliest point in the day and put all of the steps/toggles in order. If you decide that at 3:00pm you want the phone and every thing else to be full blown, and 5pm you want everything to be silent until 9:00pm, then go back and decide that you want to be audible again from 6pm to 8pm... you need to delete the 5 to 9pm setting, and add a 5 to 6pm setting, a 6 to 8pm setting and then a 8pm to 9pm setting. Everything in order.

3. carson1

carson1 Newbie
    None

May 29, 2011
    I use an app called MyProfiles to set different profiles, one for night that does exactly what you are looking for, one I call silent for the movies, etc.

4. Savvyray

Savvyray Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    x2. I use profiles all the time and love it. I use "sleep" at night. Lower ring volume, change notifications etc while I sleep.