1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Later This Year:

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Apr 17, 2009.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

Apr 12, 2008
    When financial growth for Google slowed dramatically in 1Q 2009 it wasn’t THAT surprising - the whole economy is in the gutter. But this is GOOGLE we are talking about here, what in the world is going on? In a conference call on Thursday, CEO Eric Schmidt acknowledged the stumble with quotes like “No [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    Interesting how everyone thinks they would buy Twitter, it makes more sense for them to consider beating Admob. Most of the Android games that are free make use of it. I wonder why none use GoogleAds? Cause they don't have a platform yet? I doubt that is the case (deep inside they have something.)

AdMob from what I have read is also entrenched in iPhone apps as well. It would make sense for Google to purchase them. It might also make sense for a number of other companies to pick up AdMob just to know more about the iPhone user base.

All articles I have read on mobile development are in this direction.

3. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    reducing the hate on Android and iPhone
    NYC
    Even with the T-mobile event being for the sidekick, I still expect to see the Magic and android 1.5 released around the time when the hyped up phones are released- Pre, iPhone, etc. And hopefully more details will emerge regarding the Samsung handset.

Things have been really slow with Android, so I really hope things pick up.