• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest Active D2 ROM's (as of 10/9/11)

lrv

Nov 20, 2010
Virginia
I noticed the current ROM thread is out of date. I've compiled the currently active ROM's for the D2 and the D2G. I am not responsible for you destroying your device. It's your job to figure out how-to install ROM's. I'm simply giving you an easily accessible thread to download them.

ROM Tools
Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap
z4root
D3 Root Method (This is to root the official GB OTA only!)

D2 Stock (2.3.20)
Download

D2 GB Update
Download (This is a Dropbox link, as I wasn't able to find another public link. Therefore, be easy.)

D2 ROM's

Apex 2.0 RC3

Developer: Fabolous
Apex is known to be a fast AOSP ROM for the D2. It's still in beta, but stable, IMO.

Download

Cyanogenmod 7
Developer: JBird_Vegas, RevNumbers
Cyanogenmod 7 has a very good reputation for support and speed. While the speed and customization is fantastic, the battery life is a bit sub-par, IMO. CM7 is still in beta, but nightlies are very stable.

Download [ GApps ]

Cyanogenmod 7 GB Unofficial
Developer: RevNumbers
These are unofficial nightlies with changes that have not been made official. This version, like the official version, is very stable. However, like the original, still has a bit of a battery issue.

Download [ GApps ]

Liberty
Developer: jrummy16
Liberty is known for speed, customization, and battery life.

Download

Liquid Gingerbread
Developer: liquid0624
LG is based on CM7. I've never personally used LG, but it's been stated that it's very fast, clean, and the battery life, although based on CM7, is better than CM7.

Download

MIUI
Developer: Framework43, aceoyame
MIUI is based on CM7, but is very different in terms of the user interface. It's more of an iPhone-style interface. MIUI is very customizable and fast, but like CM7, I found the battery life to be sub-par.

Download via ROM Manager

OMFGB
Developer: BeansTown106
I have never personally used OMFGB.

Download [ GApps ]

SSD2
Developer: ChevyNo1
I have never personally used SS, but it's based on CM7.

Download

Steel Droid 2
Developer: chevycam94
I have never personally used SD2. However, word has it that the first version caused a boot loop. You are being linked to the first version, therefore use at your own risk.

Download

-----

D2G Stock
Download

D2G GB Leak
Download

D2G ROM's

AngelROM
Developer: x13thangelx, Team Get~R~Done

Download

Cyanogenmod 7
Developer: x13thangelx, RevNumbers

Download
[ GApps ]
Hexen
Developer: x13thangelx, Fenuxx

Download

-----

Discontinued
Epic
Fission
GummyJAR
Rubix
ZombieStomped (?)

I've been running the official nightlies for CM7, definitely liking it so far, there's a couple hanging points but so far so good. Tempted at giving the leaked rooted GB a shot to see how that works.

GB is pretty good if you haven't used it before. Personally, I wouldn't use it as a daily driver. It's stable, but the speed doesn't touch the ROM's available.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys,
I'm a HTC Inc user but my folks have D2's. They are always complaining about the speeds and issues watching youtube vids. Is there a rom you can suggest that looks stock or vanilla that would give them a definite speed boost?

None of the ROM's above will give you an actual "vanilla" look that you're probably used to seeing, however, I'd recommend Apex or CM7GB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones