• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Android 4.3 firmware releases, fix bugs

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
UPDATED 27 NOV

Update releases for...

AT&T U.S.A. post #28

T-Mobile U.S.A. post #27

Canada post #26

Europe post #6

The latest firmware release that has begun rolling out from Samsung for Android 4.3 is a bug fix release to correct the shortcomings in their initial 4.3 offerings.

The firmware, MK8, has been rushed out with a build date of 19th Nov: has been released, initially, for the non carrier branded International model, GT-i9505, on CSC code DBT. The release appears to have fixed all the previous problems experienced by this model on the previous 4.3 releases.

More CSC code releases will be forthcoming over the next week or so for the International model with other variants and carrier branded models receiving it before Christmas, hopefully.

The latest firmware release that has begun rolling out from Samsung for Android 4.3 is a bug fix release to correct the shortcomings in their initial 4.3 offerings.

The firmware, MK8, has been rushed out with a build date of 19th Nov: has been released, initially, for the non carrier branded International model, GT-i9505, on CSC code DBT. The release appears to have fixed all the previous problems experienced by this model on the previous 4.3 releases.

More CSC code releases will be forthcoming over the next week or so for the International model with other variants and carrier branded models receiving it before Christmas, hopefully.

Sheesh, it's getting to be like Windows now. Never update until Service Pack 1 is released, and then wait a few days to see what that breaks. We're still having fun tho.

Upvote 0
Sheesh, it's getting to be like Windows now. Never update until Service Pack 1 is released, and then wait a few days to see what that breaks. We're still having fun tho.

It's been that way for some time. I don't remember the issues, but Verizon pulled the GB update for the D2G after it was released. And for my original Nexus 7 the first update made the device very laggy.

It really makes me wonder about the quality of beta testing programs.

Upvote 0
Great news for owners of the International version, GT-i9505, who are waiting for the latest, "bug fix", release of Android 4.3. In an unprecedented flurry of releases in the last 9 hours, Samsung have pushed out 19 different locations, (CSC code), firmwares, MK8 & MK9, for unbranded European and Scandinavian phones.

Among them are... Bulgaria (BGL), Hungary (XEH), Baltic (SEB), Greece (EUR), Austria (ATO), United Kingdom (BTU), Switzerland (AUT), Spain (PHE), Slovakia (XSK), Nordic countries (NEE), Portugal (TPH), South East Europe (SEE), Luxemburg (LUX), Poland (XEO), Italy (ITV), Netherlands (PHN), Romania (ROM), Spain (SIO), Germany (DBT).

Carrier branded firmware will take longer as it has to have the carrier branding and, "bloatware", added by the carrier and then returned to Samsung for release. So, contact your carrier directly for release dates.

To locate your CSC, (Consumer Software Customisation code), enter into the dial pad *#1234# and your CSC code is after your model number, i.e. I9505OXAEMK8

Upvote 0
I have just checked for updates and following your detail as to establish the CSC I find that mine is CSC:I9505TUEMJ8. I go to update and I am informed that "the latest updates have already been installed".

Not seen a CSC code TUE . You seem to have changed your CSC code... it was OXX, Open Europe, here a few days ago. :thinking:

I understand that the latest update should therefore display OXAEMK88

No... the term i.e. means, "that is", and is for demonstration purposes only.

Upvote 0
Mistyped details. Should have read:-
AP:I9505XXUEMJ7
CP:I9505XXUEMJ7
CSC:I9505BTUEMJ8.

Does that convey anything?

Yes. As per my earlier post, BTU has had an update.

I have not knowingly changed anything.

Your CSC code has changed from this post on the 5th Nov; here...

ironass

AP:I9505XXUDMH8
CP:I9505XXUDMH8
CSC:I9505OXXDMHA
is displayed as per your advice.

Therefore, that firmware, which is not for your original CSC code OXX, must have been flashed in the last 19 days, by you or someone else, which explains why you cannot receive the BTU update as per the reasons given in #1.4 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

Upvote 0
"ironass

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge in respect of this, but the phone has not been out of my possession and any updates/changes that have been made are without my intended intervention. When you state "flashed" is this a state where it is an intentional change to the phone is made as I have not done anything like that?

I only use the phone for calls/e-mails and some browsing.

I note your comments from previous posting as
"Provided that your phone has never been rooted, unlocked, flashed or altered by you in any way, then the best advice is to take it to a Samsung Service Point and ask them to update the firmware for you."

I may very well have to do that but wonder as to how that can have been caused in the first place.?

Upvote 0
"ironass

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge in respect of this, but the phone has not been out of my possession and any updates/changes that have been made are without my intended intervention. When you state "flashed" is this a state where it is an intentional change to the phone is made as I have not done anything like that?

I only use the phone for calls/e-mails and some browsing.

I note your comments from previous posting as
"Provided that your phone has never been rooted, unlocked, flashed or altered by you in any way, then the best advice is to take it to a Samsung Service Point and ask them to update the firmware for you."

I may very well have to do that but wonder as to how that can have been caused in the first place.?

The only explanation that I can even remotely offer is that as you were on an, "Open Europe", CSC code, you received an update from Android 4.2.2 to Android 4.3 in the last 19 days without you knowing and that it somehow changed your CSC code from displaying OXX to BTU. More than that, I cannot say. You could try checking for an OTA or Kies update before visiting a Samsung Service Point.

Upvote 0
I updated mine to 4.3 using Kies on the 14th November upon completion Kies advised that it was not compatible with my device, which (I assumed) was due to the update with the suggestion that I update Kies to accept SG4.
The phone indicates V4.3

I have not updated Kies as yet. OTA indicates that I have the latest.

As a simpleton(my words) should I update Kies and try for SG4 updates there?

Upvote 0
I updated mine to 4.3 using Kies on the 14th November upon completion Kies advised that it was not compatible with my device, which (I assumed) was due to the update with the suggestion that I update Kies to accept SG4.
The phone indicates V4.3

My phone was updated, OTA, to 4.3 on the 1st November.

John

Upvote 0
The phone indicates V4.3

Upgrade Kies as it requests and see if the update is available afterwards.

Upvote 0

Thanks, couldn't update OTA, but I did via KIES 3.

John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones