• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest changes

The 'Most Posts' list is not, in my opinion, a good thing to show. About half of its members are long gone--3 years, 5 years, 7 years... I think that's very bad for new visitors to see. If you're set on keeping it, why not add a condition limiting its members to those who've been active in the last X amount of time?

Also, the white forum link (like 'Android Help') beneath a thread is really hard to see--which, I realize, may be your point. I don't like it. :eek:

Last edited:
The 'Most Posts' list is not, in my opinion, a good thing to show. About half of its members are long gone--3 years, 5 years, 7 years... I think that's very bad for new visitors to see. If you're set on keeping it, why not add a condition limiting its members to those who've been active in the last X amount of time?
Completely agree. Often new members are afraid to post so they will PM top members on whatever list. It would be best to at least get an account with the lights on. I know it isn't perfect, but at least rank takes into account recent activity and the breadth of forum activity (posts, likes, best answers, etc.).

Also, the white forum link (like 'Android Help') beneath a thread is really hard to see--which, I realize, may be your point. I don't like it.
I'm not seeing this, or I'm not looking in the right place. Do you have a screenshot?

Upvote 0
I'm not seeing this, or I'm not looking in the right place. Do you have a screenshot?
Your wish is my command, kind sir! :D

From this very thread:

Screenshot_20200417-142424.png

Do you see it? "Suggestion Box & Feedback."

Upvote 0
We were trying to add the sidebar back into the template and then going to worry about the content later. Unfortunately, we can't get it in there and working properly so we're getting rid of the entire sidebar again. Womp womp.

Playing with some other things, too... trying to make the site easier to browse and more interesting on the home page.

Upvote 0
One I know about

EarlyMon posted this on 29th July 2015

"RIP funkylogik - with great sadness"

The one and only funkylogic, I miss him
to this day. I've got his final 'cat' avatar in my picture album it was one of the last conversations I had with him.

My first reaction August 2015 :-

"I've just picked up this awful, awful news. I've recently had a few chats with Funky - usually hijacking a thread with some banter just about related to the original post - one of the the last ones was about using my biking gloves in 'Glove mode' - I will never forget his response - typical Funky. I will never forget you either Funky ... mate.

Bless you and may you rest in peace xx."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One I know about

EarlyMon posted this on 29th July 2015

"RIP funkylogik - with great sadness"

The one and only funkylogic, I miss him
to this day. I've got his final 'cat' avatar in my picture album it was one of the last conversations I had with him.

My first reaction August 2015 :-

"I've just picked up this awful, awful news. I've recently had a few chats with Funky - usually hijacking a thread with some banter just about related to the original post - one of the the last ones was about using my biking gloves in 'Glove mode' - I will never forget his response - typical Funky. I will never forget you either Funky ... mate.

Bless you and may you rest in peace xx."
OMG...I had no idea... :(

Thanks for sharing, tommo.

Reactions: MrJavi and tommo47
Upvote 0
Reactions: Hadron and tommo47
Upvote 0
On other sites when someone passes, they will not remove the account or ‘achievement’ listings but “grey it out”. Brings attention to it and change, but indicates the account is not active. However if the person was a staff member, that designation is removed.
Different sites handle it differently, including staff members. I've seen wording I can't recall exactly right now, but something like 'distinguished moderator 2004-2011.' And, yes, the grayed out thing, but still leaving the account intact. I like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones