• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Cupcake Video Demo

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Android Developer Joey Sochaki put the latest build of Android’s Development Branch, more fondly referred to as Cupcake, onto his Dev Phone 1 and played around with some of the new features. Thankful for us he also recorded it on video and shares some insight:According to Joey, this version of the Cupcake is pretty solid [...]

More...

Android Developer Joey Sochaki put the latest build of Android’s Development Branch, more fondly referred to as Cupcake, onto his Dev Phone 1 and played around with some of the new features. Thankful for us he also recorded it on video and shares some insight:According to Joey, this version of the Cupcake is pretty solid [...]

More...

Did anyone find the video on youTube and can supply that ... since my work computer blocks vid and google of course not flash

Upvote 0
Sorry, I was extremely tired when I threw the video together. It will be improved next time, still trying to figure out how to record the screen the best and such.

Devolio! That was you! Cool. Ask Rob how he did some of his early videos they were great.

I would suggest a dark room and brightness all the way up on the device. More light is always better when shooting video.

Upvote 0
I'm running RC33 and as previous posters have pointed out, the browser zoom is included. Also, the home-button screen flip (between the three home screens) that you mentioned in the beginning of the video is in RC33.

However, I did notice something new in the video that you didnt touch on: when you were in the security menu, there was a new option for unlocking the phone- tactile pattern. Any way you might be able to test it out and give us the scoop on that? :)

Other than that, good intel on the upcoming build! Certainly gives us junkies lots of stuff to look forward to, keep it coming!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones