1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Latest Facebook app is constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonsidnell, May 11, 2012.

1. jonsidnell

jonsidnell New Member

May 11, 2012
    My wife has a Neo, and Facebook has always worked fine for her, but since installing the most recent update it's constantly forcing close when she tries to use the app. It's not instant - usually after trying to load another page of updates, trying to post something on her wall or comment on friends' updates. It'll hang for a bit, then say that the FB app has stopped responding, with the only real option available to Force Close.

The fact that it's happening after a bit of time makes me think it's probably a RAM issue, and sure enough if I look at running processes, the Facebook app and services are taking up 50MB of RAM while running.

Got a couple of questions I guess -

1) Is anyone else having this problem?
    2) Is there a way to choose which services/apps auto-run on the Neo so that we can eliminate the processes we really don't care about?

Advertisement

2. Jake-SonyXperia

Jake-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    By chance have you tried uninstalling the updates to the application and then attempting a re install?

As the information provided seems to be related to the application it self.

3. ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    1. i have not this problem
    2. If u have root u can use an autostart manger. Without u can only kill aps using task killer

U can use custom apps too, eg. Fast for Facebook (beta) - good app made by xda dev