• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Latest Facebook app is constantly crashing

jonsidnell

Lurker
May 11, 2012
My wife has a Neo, and Facebook has always worked fine for her, but since installing the most recent update it's constantly forcing close when she tries to use the app. It's not instant - usually after trying to load another page of updates, trying to post something on her wall or comment on friends' updates. It'll hang for a bit, then say that the FB app has stopped responding, with the only real option available to Force Close.

The fact that it's happening after a bit of time makes me think it's probably a RAM issue, and sure enough if I look at running processes, the Facebook app and services are taking up 50MB of RAM while running.

Got a couple of questions I guess -

1) Is anyone else having this problem?
2) Is there a way to choose which services/apps auto-run on the Neo so that we can eliminate the processes we really don't care about?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones