1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Latest Facebook App Update Screwing FriendCaster Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Stuntman, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, I just installed the latest Facebook app on my tablet and phone. I got some notification that appeared and disappeard about my Facebook notifications. It flashed so fast, that I didn't get a good look at it.

Anyway, I had a minor glitch with FB on my tablet, but managed to get it working after a reinstall. It worked quite well, so I updated my phone as well.

I normally use FriendCaster Pro for FB notifications. I use the Gmail update because it notifies me immediately and my phone doesn't have to poll for notifications. While posting on FB a few times, I noticed that someone commented on one of my earlier posts, but I didn't get the notifications. I suspect that it may have been due to installing my FB app, but I am not sure.

I checked my FB settings and I'm wondering if my notification settings have been changed. It appears that there is a box that is checked called "Send me important updates and summary emails instead of individual notification emails". I tried unchecking this to see if it makes any difference.

Anyone who uses FriendCaster Pro with push Gmail notifications and installed the latest Facebook app have any issues with notifications?

Advertisement