1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Latest news on Galaxy S2?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by EKhatch, Jul 27, 2011.

1. EKhatch

EKhatch Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Last I heard was the false alarm that it was to be released on Verizon this month but that turned out to be the new tablet. Anyone heard anything more recent on a possible release date for the Galaxy S2 on Verizon or if it is even coming to Verizon?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2009
    Everything is speculation at the moment. Rumors are all over the place and nothing could be considered more valid than the other. Regardless of all of the hyperbole, if it is to be released, it will probably be between Aug 4 and Sept 15. VZW or any of the manufacturers want to launch against the iPhone. The reason is that flies are drawn to the light that kills them.

I have already waited a month for an upgrade. Waiting another month is no big deal. If the performance on any of the phones is not what I am looking for, I will wait 2 more months for the Nexus Prime. The logic is that I already have to wait probably 60 days, might as well hold out another 60 days. Either way, come Nov, I can get the Prime for ~$200 or the SGS2, Bionic for free.

3. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Analyst
    CT
    You sir completely sum up my exact conversations with like five different people over the past two weeks (I seem to be the Android resource in my circle). Plus you used the word 'hyperbole' - I don't even know what that means but I love it!

4. x026092

x026092 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    MD 20/20
    Just my 2 cents, but it seems verizon wants to release only one prime smartphone a month.... It looks like a backlog is forming... With the SGS2, Bionc & Iphone all lined up. Not counting Nexus Prime & other rumored phones. & I don't believe Apple is as passive as the rest of the companies, so they will grab Sept. for the Iphone.