• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Passion/Bravo/ new news only thread.

ok. just spoke to HTC Taiwan, global office:
Phone: +886 266391147

the nice person that I chatted to said that he has no information about release dates of any new HTC models.

he said its up to the marketing team when they make an announcement. he said to keep checking the HTC website.

I asked him if new phones would be released in Taiwan before other countries, and he said that there could be a more global release date, rather than staggered. (but this may just be his own opinion). he had a good knowledge of the website and the phones and english language.

i let him know that I want to buy a phone ASAP, and I am prepared to wait a month or two for a new phone (bravo/passion/incredible), but if its going to be 4 or 5 months, then I am not prepared to wait.
he said he wished he could help me and tell me a release date, but he has no idea.
again, he mentioned for me to keep checking the HTC website.

annoying! coz I want to decide whether to get an iphone 3gs or wait for the upcoming new HTC phones!!

on a side note (but an IMPORTANT ONE):
the nexus one (made by HTC) ranks in with a VERY HIGH SAR (radiation level)... and since the bravo/passion/incredible are pretty much the same phone (rumor), then I am worried that they will also carry a HIGH radiation level!!

FYI:

nexus one SAR (radiation rating) from the 'owners manual' (page 26) is:
0.867 w/kg Head @ 1g
1.39 w/kg Body @ 1g

0.823 w/kg Head @ 10g
1.53 w/kg Body @ 10g

the US absolute limit is 1.6 !!!
so you can see that the nexus one comes VERY close to this!!

the iphone 3Gs is around 0.79 (as a comparison)

(1g is the US standard, and 10g is the European standard).

so, if the bravo/passion/incredible are equally as high as the Nexus One, then i am definitely (sadly) not buying any of them :(

so,, now is waiting time!!

Upvote 0
I feel bad posting this,a s it makes 2 bravo-related posts before we hit 10..

(me - i've read for a while - but not posted, this was the first time i had anything worth posting).

I was speaking with a friend on how i was going to pick up a droid on friday, as there has been no word on the bravo. Her response:

Release date: March 7th. She was the supervisor for the Warranty department for Verizon, and was laid off two weeks ago.

Upvote 0

(me - i've read for a while - but not posted, this was the first time i had anything worth posting).

I was speaking with a friend on how i was going to pick up a droid on friday, as there has been no word on the bravo. Her response:

Release date: March 7th. She was the supervisor for the Warranty department for Verizon, and was laid off two weeks ago.

Could your friend have been talking about the recently tipped HTC Incredible instead?

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread.html

Upvote 0

Did she say a name of a phone specifically that's coming out? Could be the Devour, Incredible, or something else really cool we don't even know about (doubt the last one, though).

With that in mind, drill her for as much information as you can buddy!

Upvote 0

I've heard around these parts people mentioning a couple devices that might hit end of month and now this. All I can say is, something better show up on the FCC approval database by the end of the week, or next week at the absolute latest. Only once have I seen Verizon release anything relatively soon after FCC approval and that was the Blackberry Tour in about 14 days. Everything else has been a month or longer after approval. Odds aren't in favor of any early March launches at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones