• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest Root Info

saptech

Android Expert
Dec 9, 2011
Third Stone from the Sun
Does anyone know what the latest info on rooting this phone? It seems everything I find with google search is dated up to Feb. 2012.

Is the wifi issue I've read been solved (losing wifi)? It seems to be related to the 2.3.5 Rom, I think.

Any ideas/questions/suggestions with rooting this phone? Also, how would I go about rooting within Linux instead of Windows?

Thnx.

Does anyone know what the latest info on rooting this phone? It seems everything I find with google search is dated up to Feb. 2012.

Is the wifi issue I've read been solved (losing wifi)? It seems to be related to the 2.3.5 Rom, I think.

Any ideas/questions/suggestions with rooting this phone? Also, how would I go about rooting within Linux instead of Windows?

Thnx.
Although you have probably found your answer, I just noticed this post... the latest rooting information is exactly the same. Flash in CWM Recovery with ODIN/Heimdall, then flash Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip, and that is it to rooting.

The problems arise when switching ROMs or kernels, there are no custom kernels that support the latest firmware, although there are some debloated/deodexed stock ROMs that use the stock kernel, and a "Tweaker" ROM that supports the stock kernel as well. As long as you stick with the stock kernel and a compatible ROM/firmware, you shouldn't have any issues with WiFi.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones