1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Latest Security Update Failing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J Barker, Dec 26, 2019.

1. J Barker

J Barker Lurker

System Update is failing to install on my phone. The update seems to download, but fails to install while rebooting. It simply say "Error", then reboots into a notification that says System Update Failed to Install. The size of the update is 462 MB, so it uses lots of data. The update has been failing for nearly a month.

I am fairly new to phones, and have not yet discovered where to look to solve the issue. Hope this forum will be helpful. Several responses please, and I hope you understand my reasoning.

Also, any recommendations for a good phone cleaner or security tool?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

how much room do you have on your device?

MrJavi and TWERKER like this.
  3. Billtunew

Billtunew Member

If you have error codes or a more detailed security update version and your device, it can be solved more easily.
    About the phone cleaner or security tool, I don't often use cleaner or security tools, but you can refer to Clean Master or Easy Clean. Your device doesn't have a good performance, you should not add them in.

ocnbrze, MrJavi and TWERKER like this.
  4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Without knowing your exact device, it hard to give the correct advice. :)

ocnbrze and Billtunew like this.
  5. J Barker

J Barker Lurker

Thanks for helping with this problem.

I use the LG Aristo 2 as phone, and I have over 6gb of free space. The error I get now is: “Couldn’t Update” “Verification problem”
    There is no version seen, but the update size is 462.7 MB. Not sure what will allow me to detect malicious stuff on my phone, but I sense someone or something really wants access to a password manager on my device. I only use it as a relic just in case I need it at some point.

LG Aristo 2 Forum

The LG Aristo 2 release date was January 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 425 processor, and 2410mAh battery.

January 2018
Release Date
Reviews